The festive season is just around the corner. Just like every year, everyone seems to be quite thrilled and hyped about Christmas and the upcoming holidays. Everyone awaits this time of the year to have fun and relax.
However, if you’re a housewife, a mother, or a homemaker, things might be a bit different for you! You need to pull your socks up to make your house festive-ready and also to welcome guests to join you. So, you have a lot of cleaning to be done.
If you think you don’t have any time for the spring cleaning of your house, you should professional home cleaners for help.
On the other hand, if you think you can maintain the cleanliness level of your house with scrubbing, scratching, dusting, and wiping, here are some amazing tips for you:
1) Take A Tour Of The House
Before you start with the deep cleaning of your house, you need to know about the troubled areas. So, start with taking a tour of the house, like your guests would.
Enter the house through the main entrance and walk around, scanning the whole house minutely. While you’re at it, you can take note of the eyesores, the dirty and dusty zones. Also don’t forget to take notice of the messy areas of your house.
By the time you’re done taking a tour of your house, you might end up with a long list of things that need your attention and that you probably don’t want your guests to see.
If the list is longer than you can handle, call the professionals delivering domestic cleaning services around you.
2) Clean The Windows and Doors
After you’ve taken a tour of the house, you must have noticed that a lot of areas require cleaning. The windows and doors are surely one of these areas because they tend to face a regular traffic.
The doors and windows are constantly opened and closed every day, resulting in their exposure to dirt and dust. Thus, with time, they get dirty, especially at the handles.
The dirty doors and windows are definitely an eyesore and can also be home to billions of germs. So, in your list of tasks for Christmas home cleaning, cleaning of the doors and windows must be at the top!
- Use a solution of water and mild soap to wipe all the sludge and dirt away from the windows and doors, scrub them a little, and then wipe them clean. If you think water is going to destroy the wood of your doors and windows, you can use a suitable cleaning liquid, instead.
For a better and thorough cleanup, take down the curtains from your doors and windows and wash /clean them. In case you need help, you can call the professional cleaners providing expert domestic cleaning services.
3) Clean Your Guest Room, Bedrooms, and Cupboards
If you have guests over for the holidays, you need to make sure that you’re a perfect host for them. So, start with making sure that you offer them neat and clean bedrooms with enough space for their luggage and belongings.
So, as your second step towards home cleaning for the holidays, you can thoroughly clean each one of your bedrooms.
- Start with laundering your beddings, bed covers, and comforters. Vacuum-clean your mattresses to get rid of the dirt and germs in them.
- You can use any of the commercial or homemade cleaning liquids to get rid of the stains, germs, and odor from your mattresses and keep them fresh and fragrant after the cleaning is done.
- After you’re done with your beds, you can de-clutter and clean the cupboards and cabinets in your bedrooms. This will help you get rid of the waste matter lying around in your house and make some room for the guests to keep their stuff.
If things get out of hand, call the professionals delivering domestic cleaning services to ensure that your house is festive-ready in time!
4) Go For Your Kitchen, Living Room, and Entry Way
These areas connect. So, take them all together.
For the spring cleaning of your house to be a success, you cannot forget to deep clean your kitchen. As this whole task takes more than one day, you can manage to pull your step 4 to a stretch of 3 days.
So, day 1 and day 2 are wholly dedicated to the kitchen!
- From the chimney to the kitchen counter, from the kitchen floor to the sink, everything must be neat and clean. So, brace yourself, gather all your cleaning supplies, and attack!
- If your kitchen cleaning task is going to take longer than the time you planned, leave it to the experts! The professional home cleaners will not only clean your kitchen thoroughly but they will also get things done way before time!
Now, for day 3, you can take up your living room, the dining area, the stairway (if there is any), and the entry way. These are the areas where the guests are most likely to roam around. So, they must be spic and span!
5) Clean The Bathrooms
The later you clean your bathrooms, the fresher they will be when your guests arrive. So, keep them last in your list of tasks for spring cleaning.
If you have more than one bathrooms, you can plan on taking one at a time to clean them. If there is only one, things get a lot easy and fast!
Whatever the case is, you just need to make sure that your bathrooms are neat, clean, and fresh.
- You can use your kitchen ingredients for an effective and friendly cleaning like vinegar, lemon, baking soda, etc.
- For a thorough cleanup, you will need to clean the shower curtain, soap dispenser, mirror, bathroom cabinet, bathtub, faucets, and sink. In all, everything must be cleaned to get rid of all the dirt and sludge inside your bathroom.
In case the situation is worse and you cannot spare any time for home cleaning, you can call the professionals for help.
With these amazing tips, you can rest assured that your house will be all set to handle the bunch of guests that you’re expecting. Even if you’re not expecting any guests, spring-cleaning your house before the Christmas can really help you add the festive vibe to your house. So, follow these simple home cleaning tips and make your house festive-ready!